Ancient Greece —Common Core Lessons and Activities Book
Meet the new Common Core State Standards for ELA as well as Literacy and Writing in History and Social Studies! This book is designed to supplement your Social Studies resources, adding new Common Core rigor, analysis, writing inference, text-dependent questions, and more into your daily instruction.
Here's how it works!
- Work through the lessons and activities as a class to teach your students higher-order thinking, analysis, and the 21st-century skills necessary to meet new Common Core State Standards expectations.
- Allow students to work through the lessons independently to build and practice these new skills.
- Include technology, collaboration, presentations, and discussion in the activities as you desire—you can decide how in-depth to go.
- Watch your class develop new abilities to meet the rigor of Common Core State Standards, right before your eyes!
Ancient Greece—Common Core Lessons and Activities includes:
- Reading for Information
- Higher-Order Thinking
- Writing Problems
- Primary Source Analysis
- Graphic Organizers
- Map Activities and More!
Tips for using and reproducing the book pages:
- Use some of the pages—or use them all—based on your grade, your students, your curriculum, and your needs.
- Use these pages at their current size, or if you prefer them to be 8.5 x 11 inches, enlarge them 125% on your copy machine.
- Use the CCSS correlations grid to easily see which Common Core standards are covered in each lesson.
©2015. Middle School. 5 x 8 inches. Reproducible. Softcover, 24 pages.