TEACHERS-ONLY SPECIAL • FREE SHIPPING ON PERSONAL CREDIT CARD ORDERS • Code TEACHER
Perform a Native American dance, compare and contrast the British and Continental Armies, pen a peace treaty after WWI, write a newspaper report on the death of President Lincoln and many more! Take your students on a journey through American history, from early exploration and colonization to the 21st century. The 1, 500+ activity ideas and 128 reproducible student handouts engage your students' multiple intellegences as they explore history from multiple perspectives. Includes formative assessment questions and a time line.
The book addresses multiple learning styles: verbal/linguistic, logical/mathematical, visual/spatial, musical/rhythmic, bodily/kinesthetic, naturalist, interpersonal, and intrapersonal. Simply pick the activity idea that fits your students' needs.
American History: All Aboard covers:
• The Age of Exploration and Colonization of the New World (1450-1750)
• Life in the Early Colonies (1600-1763)
• The Era of Revolution (1750-1787)
• The Formation of a New Nation (1787-1824)
• America Expands to the West (1800-1860)
• Political, Social, and Economic Reform (1800-1860)
• Slavery and the Abolitionists (1820-1860)
• The War Between the States (1861-1865)
• Reconstruction and the Gilded Age (1865-1900)
• The Progressive Era and World War I (1900-1920)
• The Roaring '20s (1920-1929)
• The Great Depression and the New Deal (1929-1941)
• World War II and the Holocaust (1939-1945)
• Living Through the Cold War Years (1945-1975)
• The Cold War Winds Down (1976-1992)
• Entering the 21st Century (1993-2009)
©2010, 224 pages, reproducible, softbound, grades 4-7.