Activities to Introduce, Review and Reinforce Common Core Anchor Reading Standards
These reproducible activities accompany reading of ANY fiction or nonfiction book, or any type of text. Introduce, review and reinforce each Common Core Standard by using them as warm-ups, long-term reading responses, or single-class activities integrated throughout the year. The pack is designed to support any fiction or nonfiction texts, but many mini-activities can be used with shorter pieces such as primary sources, newspaper articles and informational text. Each of the nine activities correlates to one of the nine Common Core Standards.
Each unit provides engaging lesson plans that vary daily and include:
- Critical thinking and fluency, writing and writing process, and vocabulary development
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Meaningful collaboration with peers
- Visual analyses
- Reading and writing across the curriculum
- Practical use of technology
- Interesting, engaging activities vary daily, promoting enthusiasm and addressing varied learning styles
©2013, 77 pages, softcover, reproducible, middle school / high school..