A Teacher's Guide to Our Story - A Guide to Using Stories
A Teacher's Guide to Our Story is part "how-to" manual, part personal narrative, part invitation. It puts forth overarching ideas related to teaching through the use of stories and the Our Story curriculum and addresses important details concerning the first days and weeks of school. It contains guidance on lesson planning and assessments, as well as reflections on the teaching of grammar and culture. It also includes personal anecdotes from the classroom. While the guide offers a road map for teaching language, it is also meant to encourage teachers to teach their own way and embrace their own journey. "A Teacher's Guide to Our Story" is written for teachers who aim to bring their complete selves to the classroom, by another teacher who is striving to do the same.
This guide is for World Language teachers who...
- want to use stories in their classrooms
- already use stories as an instructional tool in their classrooms
- are curious about using Our Story by Voces® Digital
- already use Our Story by Voces® Digital
- want ideas for lesson planning, classroom management, assessments, and more
- are interested in teaching with Comprehensible Input (CI)
- are skeptical about teaching with CI
- need concrete information that they can share with their colleagues or administrators about language teaching, Our Story, CI, lesson planning, or all of the above
- feel excited by the breadth of material that's available through Voces® Digital
- feel overwhelmed by the material that's available through Voces® Digital
- are continually striving to improve their craft of teaching
©2022. English. 6 x 9 inches. Softcover, 296 pages.