Ace the SAT Essay in Just 10 Lessons!
Teach your students the skills required for the new SAT® essay with these 10 lessons and accompanying resources. Students use reproducible graphic organizers to read and understand argumentative texts, analyze argument development, and brainstorm their own!
10 Lessons Include:
- 5 Graphic Organizers
- 3 Practice Articles
- CCSS Alignment
- Student Objectives
- Samples of Completed Graphic Organizers
- Tips for Implementation and Suggested Activities
- Recognizing Claims and Finding Evidence
- Evaluating Claims and Evidence
- Considered Argument Context, Audience, and Purpose
- Ethos, Pathos, and Logos—Breaking Down Rationale and Support
- Identifying the Claim, Devices, and Support
- Evaluating and Explaining the Effectiveness of Textual Support
- Drafting Introductory and Concluding Paragraphs
- Writing the Claim and Determining Context, Audience, and Purpose
- Selecting Aristotelian Appeals and Developing Body Paragraphs
- Considering Counterclaims and Drafting Introductions and Conclusions
©2017. High school. Reproducible. 77 pages.
Book Download: PDF. Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Print Book: Spiral-bound, 8 x 11 inches.
About the Author
Alexandra Tabibnia has her BA in English Literature and her EdM in Secondary English Language Arts, both from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ. Professionally, Alexandra has had over 16 years of experience teaching English literature at the high school level, as well as a dozen years tutoring students in SAT®/ACT® test prep and language arts/writing skills. She currently continues to tutor, in addition to providing writing assessment services for a private testing company and doing freelance writing for educational publishing houses.
In her spare time, Alexandra explores her creative side by restoring old furniture and experimenting with different interior design styles and techniques. She also loves the outdoors, so activities like gardening, nature hikes, and river tubing are also favorites. Alexandra likes to spend time with her husband and two dogs, exploring the beautiful Delaware River Valley where she lives in western New Jersey.