Students Make Historical Connections with World History DBQs
Teach your students the early eras of world history with 14 chronological document-based question activities. Each DBQ has questions that create worldly connections to the HERE and NOW! Assess student progress, prepare for testing, develop analysis skills, and more with:
- Instructions and tips to improve student scores
- Ready-to-go reproducible documents with questions and an answer key
- Essay-question prompts with sample positions and a scoring rubric
- Transitioning from Hunter-Gatherer Societies to Classic Civilization
- The Development of States and Empires
- World Religions: Origins and Influence on the World
- Setting the Stage: How Does Geography Influence Destiny?
- The Christian West Versus the Muslim East
- Medieval Europe and Byzantium
- The East Asian World
- The Renaissance
- The Age of Exploration
- The Reformation
- The Scientific Revolution
- The Age of Enlightenment
- The Age of Revolution
- The Industrial Revolution
Aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Download the free sample chapter located in "Additional Info."
©2019. High school. Reproducible. 151 pages.
Book Download: PDF. Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Print Book: Spiral-bound. 8.5 x 11 inches.
About the Author
Nickole Loman is a native of the West Michigan area. She grew up in Belding, Michigan—a small farm town, 30 minutes from Grand Rapids. As a matter of fact, she still spends a lot of time there, now as a high school teacher. Her current teaching course load includes U.S. History, SAT Prep, English 10, Drama, English 12, and Literature in Film. She loves motivating students to push themselves harder by allowing them to challenge her to complete dare incentives tied to review games. Some examples include wearing a Teletubby suit, eating a ghost pepper, swallowing a raw egg, serenading the lunchroom, completing an interpretive dance to her favorite Backstreet Boys song, etc. In addition to classroom responsibilities, she is the theater director for the Belding High School Drama Club. Working with her drama family, she directs an annual fall play and spring musical. Nickole enjoys writing and created the Teacher's Discovery® DBQ book series. Outside of her career, her interests include an addiction to candles, singing loudly in the car, reading fantasy books, chasing after her dogs, and devouring chocolate.