Students Make Historical Connections with World History DBQs
Teach your students the pivotal eras of world history with 14 chronological document-based question activities. Each DBQ has questions that create worldly connections to the HERE and NOW! Assess student progress, prepare for testing, develop analysis skills, and more with:
- Instructions and tips to improve student scores
- Ready-to-go reproducible documents with questions and an answer key
- Essay-question prompts with sample positions and a scoring rubric
- The Height of Imperialism
- East Asia Under Challenge
- World War I
- Between the Wars
- Nationalism Around the World
- World War II
- International Developments Following World War II
- South Africa and Apartheid
- Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- The “Warming” of the World
- Globalism and Economic Interdependence
- Terrorism, at Home and Abroad
- Contemporary Issue: Overpopulation
- Contemporary Issue: Labor Conditions in Emerging Countries
Aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Download the free sample chapter located in "Additional Info."
©2019. Reproducible. High school level. 145 pages.
Book Download: PDF, Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Print Book: Spiral-bound. 8.5 x 11 inches.
About the Author
Nickole Loman is a native of the West Michigan area. She grew up in Belding, Michigan—a small farm town, 30 minutes from Grand Rapids. As a matter of fact, she still spends a lot of time there, now as a high school teacher. Her current teaching course load includes U.S. History, SAT Prep, English 10, Drama, English 12, and Literature in Film. She loves motivating students to push themselves harder by allowing them to challenge her to complete dare incentives tied to review games. Some examples include wearing a Teletubby suit, eating a ghost pepper, swallowing a raw egg, serenading the lunchroom, completing an interpretive dance to her favorite Backstreet Boys song, etc. In addition to classroom responsibilities, she is the theater director for the Belding High School Drama Club. Working with her drama family, she directs an annual fall play and spring musical. Nickole enjoys writing and created the Teacher's Discovery® DBQ book series. Outside of her career, her interests include an addiction to candles, singing loudly in the car, reading fantasy books, chasing after her dogs, and devouring chocolate.