HYBRID-READY World History DBQs Use Primary Sources to Draw Student Connections to the Here and Now—DOWNLOAD TODAY!
Delve into World History primary source analysis like never before with Document-Based Question Activities. In each of the 28 chronological DBQs, students analyze pivotal eras of history to make valuable connections.
HYBRID LEARNING Download includes a complete teacher edition PDF and editable PDF student pages for each book. Printable and projectable, hybrid DBQs are perfect for seamless teaching in class, at home, or any combination.
- Student DBQ activities are separated into individual and interactive PDF files your students can type directly into. They simply type their responses, save, and send it back to you!
- A teacher answer key for each DBQ is grouped with the corresponding sample student essay position for easy access!
- Activities are designed to work with any LMS, including Google Classroom, Canvas, and Schoology.
Assess student progress, practice document analysis, prepare for testing, strengthen historical thinking skills, and more with:
- Instructions and tips to improve student scores
- Ready-to-go reproducible primary source documents and analysis questions
- Essay question prompts with sample positions and a scoring rubric
- C3 and Common Core national standards alignment
Document-Based Question Activities from Early Civilizations Through the Industrial Revolution:
- Transitioning from Hunter-Gatherer Societies to Classic Civilization
- The Development of States and Empires
- World Religions: Origins and Influence on the World
- Setting the Stage: How Does Geography Influence Destiny?
- The Christian West Versus the Muslim East
- Medieval Europe and Byzantium
- The East Asian World
- The Renaissance
- The Age of Exploration
- The Reformation
- The Scientific Revolution
- The Age of Enlightenment
- The Age of Revolution
- The Industrial Revolution
Document-Based Question Activities from Imperialism to Contemporary Issues of Our Time:
- The Height of Imperialism
- East Asia Under Challenge
- World War I
- Between the Wars
- Nationalism Around the World
- World War II
- International Developments Following World War II
- South Africa and Apartheid
- Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- The “Warming” of the World
- Globalism and Economic Interdependence
- Terrorism, At Home and Abroad
- Contemporary Issue: Overpopulation
- Contemporary Issue: Labor Conditions in Emerging Countries
Download the free sample chapters located in "Additional Info."
©2019. High school. Reproducible. 151 and 145 pages. Set includes one of each book.
Hybrid Learning Books Download: PDFs.
Print Books: Spiral-bound. 8.5 x 11 inches. The print books do NOT include hybrid learning PDFs.
About the Author
Nickole Loman is currently a seventh-grade social studies teacher in Hendersonville, TN. She adores working with middle school students due to their positive energy and willingness to push themselves to the next level. She has enhanced student motivation with a daily infusion of music, cooperative learning, theatrical performances, lively discussion, and team-building games. Outside of her profession, she enjoys spending time with her pets, reading books, watching historical-fiction television series, listening to 80s and 90s pop music, and constructing social studies lessons. She is especially grateful for her opportunity to work with Teacher’s Discovery, in which she feels a sense of accomplishment by helping other teachers.