Edi el elefante Level 1 Beginner Reader
- 55 Unique Words
- 2,100 Total Words
- Present Tense
- Genre: Children’s Fiction
- Level 1, Beginner
Edi is a talented elephant, but he is very small. Edi does not want to be talented or small; he wants to be BIG! One day, Edi discovers that a small animal can solve a big problem and that being small is not so horrible after all.
©2017. Spanish. Level 1, Beginner. 98 pages.
Print Book: Softcover, 8 x 10 inches.
Audio Book on CD includes an audio recording of the novel read by a native speaker.
©2017. Spanish. Level 1, Beginner. 8 tracks. 31 minutes.
Audio Book on CD: Audio CD.
Teacher’s Resource Guide on CD
In every chapter:
- TPR gestures
- Pre-reading activities: TPR scripts, slideshows to help introduce and discuss new vocabulary, personalized discussion questions
- Reader’s theater scripts
- Listening comprehension activities
- Formative and summative assessments
- Post-reading kinesthetic activities
- Post-reading activities to deepen comprehension
Features and Highlights:
- Matching: Describe characters
- Choral chant activities
- 13 slideshows: Pre- and post-reading presentations to increase engagement and comprehension
- Video-based input activities
- Games: How Many Can Enter?, Jumbo Dice
- Science experiment: Egg in the Bottle
- Formal comprehensive assessment
©2018. Spanish. Level 1. 8 Chapters 98 pages.
Teacher's Resource Guide on CD: CD (PDF). Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Reader ISBN # 978-1-945956-39-3
TG ISBN: 978-1-945956-40-9
Audio book ISBN: 978-1-945956-41-6
Quality is key to Fluency Matters President, Carol Gaab—who is also a writer and editor herself. Carol carefully handpicks talented authors who understand CI strategies and who know how to write an engaging story. She painstakingly edits all materials to ensure strict standards, while making sure each story is riveting! Her stories engage even reluctant readers and learners while ultimately leading them down the path to language proficiency, because in the end, nothing matters more than FLUENCY—Fluency Matters!