Lower West Side Story
Nayeli loves her new part-time job at the bodega, but when she meets Cristián in the checkout line, her life is turned upside down. Her parents forbid her from seeing him again—Mexicans and Puerto Ricans can’t be friends. As racial tensions climb, Nayeli wonders, why can’t they all just get along?
This Level 2 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
Unique Words: 367
Total Words: 7,271
Tense(s): presente, infinitivo, gerundio, imperativo, condicional, subjuntivo
Listen to the complete chapter 1 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2020. Spanish. Level 2. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 96 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 Acquisition Reader El primer trabajo de Nayeli. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 92 pages.
About the Author
Dr. Denise Hatcher has taught bilingual education and Spanish for 30 years. She has led immersion experiences in Mexico, Spain, Puerto Rico, and Costa Rica. She has also presented multiple times at el Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica. When she’s not teaching or writing, Denise loves to lift weights, run, and cycle. She lives in the Chicagoland area with her husband and loves visiting her adult daughters in Texas and New York.