An EXACT Step-by-Step Guide on Teaching for PROFICIENCY
FOUNDATIONS gives you detailed, step-by-step hand-holding and modeling, with illustrations, scripts of how the lessons might go, and copious graphics to guide you through a full year of multi-level instruction to transition to the Stepping Stones curricular framework.
Learn to create your own lessons by auto-generating curriculum aligned to the Stepping Stones framework. Also included is the use of our Free Year of Curriculum. A full year of materials available in Spanish, French, English, and German!
This is the newest version of Year One: A Natural Approach to the Year, but up-to-date with the Stepping Stones curricular framework based on ACTFL’s Can-Do Statements, performance descriptors, and World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages. This book is designed to give you a coach on your desk, holding your hand and giving you the next steps day by day: pep talks, encouragement, and detailed lesson plans to help you see around the bends ahead in your school year. It is Stepping Stones pared down to its most essential, highest-leverage components.
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND AND LEARN:
- The reasons for comprehension-based teaching
- The structure of the Stepping Stones curricular framework, and use three out of the six cycles that comprise the yearlong framework (Description, Narration, and Information), with four phases per cycle aligned to “literacy foci” within that genre
- The Stepping Stones daily instructional framework: a daily sequence of instruction that follows a “gradual release of responsibility” or “I Do, We Do, You Do” model
- A repertoire of instructional strategies as you work through the lessons
- How to collect daily assessments and grades, and assess work and improvement
- How to make comprehension-based teaching easier, more structured, and less complicated
“This book brings the first edition, Year One: A Natural Approach to the Year (fondly known as “ANATTY”) up to date. It aligns this foundational book with Stepping Stones, including the cycles of instruction, the daily instructional framework, and updated, much more useful assessment materials aligned to the genres of three of the six instructional cycles that comprise the Stepping Stones framework: Description, Narration, and Information. This book is designed to be your yearlong instructional companion that can be used in beginner classes all the way up through your highest levels. I guarantee it’ll change your teaching life.”
©2021. English. 582 pages.
Book Download: PDF.
Print Book: Spiral-bound. 8.5 x 11 inches.
About the Author
Tina Hargaden is a MS French and Spanish teacher, teacher trainer, and writer on a mission to simplify CI instruction to the basics: delivering interesting comprehensible messages aloud and in writing.