Examine Day of the Dead Through Frida Kahlo's Art!
El sueño (1940) by Frida Kahlo pays homage to her beloved Mexico. Use Kahlo’s painting to provide a fresh approach to learning about the Day of the Dead, as students examine El sueño and how it portrays the symbolism of the holiday.
This downloadable excerpt from the La vida y las obras de Frida Kahlo book (1B5997DL) includes:
- Two reading comprehension activities
- A research and presentation activity
- A writing activity discussing symbolism
- A comparison activity between cultures
- An activity examining the Mexican perspective of death
©2018. Spanish. Intermediate. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. Download. PDF, 10 pages. PDF requires Adobe® Reader® to view.
About the Author
Ana Sánchez studied languages at the Universidad de Antioquia and Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana in Colombia. Teaching languages has given Sánchez the opportunity to disseminate culture an art from Spanish- and English-speaking countries throughout her works.