Before Romeo and Juliet...
There were Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl. Iztaccíhuatl is the daughter of a chief, and Popocatépetl is a brave warrior. When they meet, it’s love at first sight—but can their feelings for each other survive when Popocatépetl goes to war?
This Level 1 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
This story is also digitally available on Flangoo. Sign up for a free trial and read it for free.
Unique Words: 236
Total Words: 2,096
Tense(s): presente, pretérito, futuro
Listen to the complete chapter 1 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2020. Spanish. Level 1. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 47 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 1 Acquisition Reader La leyenda de Popocatépetl e Iztaccíhuatl. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. Level 1. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 69 pages.
About the Author
Paula Twomey is a Rockefeller Fellow, has a BA from SUNY Albany and an MA from Middlebury College, and is currently an adjunct instructor at Ithaca College. After 31 years in the classroom, Paula still enjoys teaching, traveling, mentoring, writing curriculum, authoring books, and giving advice!