Sofía is not coping well with her grandfather’s death or her recent move to Mexico. If Sofía’s mother can convince her to participate in celebrating Day of the Dead, Sofía may learn things she never knew about her grandfather, and the true meaning of the tradition.
Unique Words: 400
Reader: ©2019. Spanish. Level 2. 5 x 8 inches. Softcover, 88 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 reader La ofrenda de Sofía. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 114 pages.
About the Author
Theresa Marrama, a CI French teacher in northern New York, writes comprehensible readers in French and Spanish. She believes in the power of reading, and hopes her books will help to engage students and foster a love of reading and language acquisition.