A Quince to Remember
Nayeli is back, and this time she’s getting ready for her quinceañera! But the lead-up to her big day takes a turn for the worse when she discovers her locker has been broken into and her precious art projects are gone! Where could they be and who could have taken them? As her quince draws near and a new catastrophe arises, Nayeli is forced to focus on an even bigger question—will her family be together for her special day?
This Level 2 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
Unique Words: 438
Total Words: 6,759
Tense(s): presente, infinitivo, gerundio, pretérito, imperfecto, imperativo, condicional
Listen to the complete chapter 2 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2021. Spanish. Level 2. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 91 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 Acquisition Reader La quinceañera de Nayeli. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2021. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 90 pages.
About the Author
Dr. Denise Hatcher has taught bilingual education and Spanish for 30 years. She has led immersion experiences in Mexico, Spain, Puerto Rico, and Costa Rica. She has also presented multiple times at el Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica. When she’s not teaching or writing, Denise loves to lift weights, run, and cycle. She lives in the Chicagoland area with her husband and loves visiting her adult daughters in Texas and New York.