Hurricane Maria Spanish Reader
Kamila lives in a little blue house in San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico. She loves her family, and their life together moves along at an easy pace. But when her mother is called away and Hurricane Maria is about to land, everything changes. Kamila must prepare for the storm and deal with its aftermath while learning what it means to be boricua.
Total Words: 11,000
Tense(s): present, preterite
Reader: ©2018. Spanish. Level 2. High school. 5 x 8 inches. Softcover, 79 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 reader María María: un cuento de un huracán. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2021. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 218 pages. DIGITAL READER AVAILABLE ON
About the Author
Jennifer Degenhardt taught middle and high school Spanish for 24 years. She decided to combine her language skills with storytelling, specifically involving kids and culture. Her books highlight cultural, social, economic, and political themes necessary for continued conversation, both inside and outside the classroom. She hopes her stories will provide a platform for discussion, as anything can be solved—to some degree—with a conversation.