Being the New Girl Is Never Easy
Moving to a new town means a new school and new friends, but when Lucía tries to befriend Paco, she discovers that she isn't welcome. Then, just when it seems like she'll never fit in, Lucía finds friendship through the universal language of song.
This Level 2 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
This story is also digitally available on Flangoo. Sign up for a free trial and read it for free (no credit card required).
Unique Words: 372
Total Words: 6,058
Tense(s): presente, infinitivo, gerundio
Listen to the complete chapter 2 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2020. Spanish. Level 2. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 84 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 Acquisition Reader Paco y Lucía. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 100 pages.
About the Author
Jay Barron has been teaching Spanish since graduating from Davidson College in 1989. Outside of the classroom, he likes playing music with friends. In 2014, he released a children’s music CD of original songs in Spanish and English. Jay currently teaches at Providence Day School in Charlotte.