An Unpleasant Surprise
El Día de los Muertos is extra special for Javier, Ramón, and Lola—it’s also their mom’s birthday! They can’t wait to surprise her with breakfast in bed, but what’s supposed to be a happy day soon turns to panic when she’s nowhere to be found. What happened to their mom and where could she be?
This Level 2 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
This story is also digitally available on Flangoo. Sign up for a free trial and read it for free (no credit card required).
Unique Words: 445
Total Words: 3,799
Tense(s): presente, infinitivo, gerundio, pretérito, imperfecto, imperativo, pluscuamperfecto
Listen to the complete chapter 6 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2020. Spanish. Level 2. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 64 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 2 Acquisition Reader Una sorpresa. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. Level 2. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 92 pages.
About the Author
Jamie Agins Lincow, Ph.D. is a high school teacher who teaches AP Spanish courses in Language and Literature. In addition to a Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in Spanish, she earned her Doctoral degree in Spanish Language and Literature with concentrations in Golden Age Literature and Contemporary Latin-American Literature. She has more than 15 years of teaching experience and holds a Master's degree in Education.
Visit the author's website: www.thismultitaskingmom.com