Game-Based Learning Is a Fun Way to Prepare Students to Interact in Clothing Stores!
This downloadable excerpt is a great way to reinforce potential Spanish 1 topics: dialogue for a store environment and clothing description. Note: this resource should be used after the topic has been taught.
- ACTFL Can-Do statements related to the standards
- Specific ACTFL standards addressed in this downloadable excerpt
- Explanation of Game-Based Learning
- Lists of ways to positively reinforce game-based activities
- Instructions on how to get started and how to play
- Three challenges based on each respective topic, written entirely in English but encouraging Spanish output
- Spanish-language versions of the challenges for each topic, encouraging Spanish output while reinforcing Spanish reading
- Three clues and a puzzle to solve for the topic
- Challenges unlock a clue to solve a puzzle.
- At the end of each topic are reproducible strips (and answer key) for the teacher to award groups with a clue upon finishing a task
- Culturally-related extension activity, written in English and in Spanish versions
- Team skills worksheet to assess how groups can learn from their shared experience and improve next time
- Group checkup sheet to evaluate their peers’ performance
©2018. Spanish, English. Level 1. Middle school, high school. Download, PDF. Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF. 24 pages.
SAVE money by purchasing the complete book with all the topics, available in print or download format, Unlock the Puzzle (1B5930), by Sarah Hopper, which includes this content and many other topics.
About the Author
Sarah Hopper earned her bachelor's degree in French Education. She holds a master's degree in Second Language Education. She also holds certifications to teach French and Spanish in New York State, has studied abroad in France and Mexico, and has taught French and Spanish for 15 years at all levels. Her teaching has included distance learning courses, as well as traditional classes. She was nationally recognized as a 2014 PBS Digital Innovator. She loves learning new strategies and tools, and is currently pursuing certification to teach English as a Second Language. She resides with her three children and husband in northern New York.