Vector Level 3 Intermediate Reader
- 400 Unique Words
- 7,100 Total Words
- Past Tense
- Genre: Magical Realism
- Level 3, Intermediate
A vector of venom infects Antonio, a typical Panamanian teenager, with an illness that has far-reaching consequences. He is carried away from home and transported back in time to the early 1900s, where he unknowingly joins his grandfather on the construction of the Panama Canal. Will Antonio escape from the past and survive the consequences of working on one of the most dangerous construction sites in history?
©2016. Spanish. Level 3, Intermediate. Past tense. 67 pages.
Print Book: Softcover, 5 x 7 inches.
Audio Book on CD includes an audio recording of the novel read by a native speaker.
©2016. Spanish. Level 3, Intermediate. 10 tracks. 69 minutes.
Audio Book on CD: Audio CD.
Teacher’s Resource Guide on CD
In Every Reproducible Chapter:
- Chapter vocabulary and cognates
- Integrate technology with Apt Apps
- Pre-reading warm-up activity
- Comprehension questions
- Blooming Comprehension questions inspired by Bloom’s Taxonomy
Features and Highlights:
- AP/IB Alley extension activities: Vasco Núñez de Balboa, Henry Morgan, En busca del oro
- Listen Up activities: Interpretive listening through 7 audio and 3 video activities with comprehension questions
- Interactive Notebook suggestions
- Beyond-the-Ttext readings: El sombrero panamá, La gastronomía panameña, La construcción francesa del canal
- Shake-It-Up kinesthetic activities
- Slideshows: Comida panameña, The Panama Canal, Panamá Highlights
- Pin Play to incorporate activities adapted from Pinterest
- Social Media Share
- Cross-Curricular Connections to science and engineering of the canal: The Panama Canal Locks Under Pressure Experiment
- BreakoutEDU.com culminating activity
©2016. English/Spanish. Level 3, Intermediate. 10 Chapters, 411 pages.
Teacher's Resource Guide on CD: CD (PDF). Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Reader ISBN #978-1-940408-99-6
TG ISBN: 978-945956-09-6
AUDIO CD ISBN: 978-945956-10-2
Quality is key to Fluency Matters President, Carol Gaab—who is also a writer and editor herself. Carol carefully handpicks talented authors who understand CI strategies and who know how to write an engaging story. She painstakingly edits all materials to ensure strict standards, while making sure each story is riveting! Her stories engage even reluctant readers and learners while ultimately leading them down the path to language proficiency, because in the end, nothing matters more than FLUENCY—Fluency Matters!