Vidas impactantes Level 1–2 Advanced Beginner Reader
- 250 Unique Words
- 7,400 Total Words
- Past Tense
- Genre: Narrative Nonfiction
- Level 1–/2, Advanced Beginner
Fascinating stories of six influential and inspirational Spanish speakers: Roberto Clemente, a baseball star who gave his life helping others, Azucena Villaflor– a mother who never gave up the search for her missing son, Celia Cruz– a Cuban exile turned superstar, Julio Iglesias–a paralyzed soccer star who fought his way to the top in a new profession, Luis Urzúa– a shift supervisor in a mine who didn’t realize his shift would last 70 days, and Mari Reiche– a woman who revealed the secrets of history after getting fired from her job.
You may have heard of these impactful individuals, but after reading their stories, you are sure to feel inspired.
©2017. Spanish. Level 1–2, Advanced Beginner. 67 pages.
Print Book: Softcover, 5 x 7 inches.
Audio Book on CD includes an audio recording of the novel read by a native speaker.
©2017. Spanish. Level 1–2, Advanced Beginner. Past tense. 6 tracks, 70 minutes.
Audio Book on CD: Audio CD.
Teacher’s Resource Guide on CD
In every Chapter:
- Chapter vocabulary and cognates
- Pre-reading questions
- Comprehension questions
- Post-reading questions
- Post-reading activity
- Extension activities
Features and Highlights:
- Beyond-the-text readings with comprehension questions: El terremoto en Managua, Las abuelas de la Plaza de Mayo, El Hollywood Walk of Fame, Los números del Real Madrid, Enrique Iglesias, Después de la fama —Los 33, Las líneas de Nazca
- Slideshow for each chapter: Puerto Rico, Argentina, Cantantes latinos, El futbol español, Atacama, Peruanos importantes
- Interpersonal speaking through Fan n’ Pick
- Interpretive listening: Celia Cruz: Cuando salí de Cuba
- Hands-on activities
- Cross-curricular connections with number games
- Interpretive reading
- Cultural readings
- Higher-order thinking through word games and secret phrases
©2017. English/Spanish. Level 1/2. 6 chapters. Level 1/2, Advanced Beginner. 6 chapters, 181 pages
Teacher's Resource Guide on CD: CD (PDF). Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Reader ISBN #978-1-945956-34-8
Audio Book CD ISBN: 978-1-945956-36-2
TG ISBN: 978-1-945956-35-5
Quality is key to Fluency Matters President, Carol Gaab—who is also a writer and editor herself. Carol carefully handpicks talented authors who understand CI strategies and who know how to write an engaging story. She painstakingly edits all materials to ensure strict standards, while making sure each story is riveting! Her stories engage even reluctant readers and learners while ultimately leading them down the path to language proficiency, because in the end, nothing matters more than FLUENCY—Fluency Matters!