Alpacas Can’t Go on Adventures? Think Again!
Armando is an alpaca living in Peru, and he wants nothing more than to see the world. Follow along as Armando travels to Spain, where he tries tapas for the first time, runs with the bulls, dances flamenco, and so much more!
This Level 1 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
This story is also digitally available on Flangoo. Sign up for a free trial and read it for free (no credit card required).
Unique Words: 315
Total Words: 3,760
Tense(s): presente, infinitivo, gerundio
Listen to the complete chapter 1 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
Reader: ©2021. Spanish. Level 1. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 64 pages.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, remote-friendly, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 1 Acquisition Reader Armando, la alpaca aventurera. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2021. Spanish, English. Level 1. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download, 86 pages.
About the Author
Teryn Henderson is a Spanish teacher at Holt High School in Holt, Michigan. While studying at Michigan State University, she lived in Valencia, Spain, for a summer, which is where she got her inspiration for this book. She also loves alpacas and has them all over her classroom!