Pura vida Turned Upside Down
Pablo decides to visit Costa Rica for his 18th birthday, and while he quickly gets lost, he’s able to make some friends who can help him out and show him around. But can his new friends help when his wallet is stolen? What will Pablo do?
This Level 1 reader features full audio for every chapter, accessible via QR codes. Simply scan the QR codes with a smartphone or tablet using any free QR code reader. Laptop users access audio via included web addresses. Also, your purchase includes a FREE download with comprehension questions and answer keys.
Unique Words: 259
Total Words: 2,598
Tense(s): presente, pretérito, futuro
Listen to the complete chapter 1 audio recording from the reader, located in "Additional Info."
©2020. Spanish. Level 1. High school. 5 x 7 inches. Softcover, 53 pages.
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities Download COMING SOON!
Pre-order yours today and it will automatically be emailed to you on launch day.
Get Everything You Need to Support Your Reader Lesson!
This all-in-one, reproducible teacher’s guide gives you everything you need to support your lesson on the Level 1 Acquisition Reader Pura vida. You get:
- Your Teacher’s Guide: Explanations of each section in the guide
- Pre-Reading Guide: Character and setting summaries, cultural notes, and helpful words and phrases
- Multiple comprehension activities, a quiz, and a summary for EVERY chapter
- Post-Reading Guide: A chapter survey, story discussion, writing activities to work directly with the story, a reader project, and a reader test
- Picture gallery of all images in the reader, plus activities
- The full reader glossary
- Complete answer keys for all activities
Teacher's Guide and Student Activities: ©2020. Spanish, English. High school. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF download.
About the Author
Laurel Solorzano lived in Costa Rica for three years and also spent time in Peru, Panama, and Nicaragua. She currently works teaching Spanish and English to non-native speakers. She loves learning languages as well and is currently studying her fourth. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, Yader, and their Labrador.