Use Students' Lives and Interests to Fuel Their Writing
The Weekly Writing Prompts books seek to support 9th and 10th grade high school students by furthering their critical thinking and college writing skills.
- Weekly prompts synced to the calendar and the events of a high school year
- Argumentative, informational/explanatory, and narrative writing prompts
- Writing-response based rubrics and graphic organizers
- Tiered keyword list
- Checklist for writing specific to the type of writing prompt
- Space for brainstorming and organizing
Forward features three rubrics (argumentative, informational/explanatory, and narrative), and a reproducible graphic organizer page for each. The Teacher's Edition includes a Purpose, Scope, and Organization page, as well as Common Core State Standards alignment pages.
Aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
©2017. High school, Grades 9–10. Reproducible. 58 pages.
Teacher's Edition Book Download: PDF. Adobe® Reader® required to view PDF.
Teacher's Edition Print Book: Spiral-bound. 8 x 11 inches.